Since it is Utah Book Month, I decided to do a little dedicated post about the greatest library in Utah (at least that is my opinion).
The Provo City Library
Not only is it the best library ever, it is one of the most beautiful buildings in Utah County. I live in Orem, but I use Provo's library (Orem's library is really sad in comparison, I can't stand going there). Why is Provo's library so great you ask? I'll tell you.
1. They have a wonderful variety of books, movies, audiobooks, etc. to check out! I can find almost everything here, and if I can't find it, I can request it, and they usually get it. Awesome!
2. I love being able to manage my library account online. I can put books on hold, renew books, search the catalog, see when my books are due, see how many things I have checked out, and see all the upcoming events all from my couch. Awesome!
3. I LOVE their checkout system. I stack a few books over the pad thingy, and ding ding ding, they are checked out to me! Awesome!
4. Provo library has SO many author events it is crazy!! I've met so many authors and have had my books signed! It is fantastic! Here is a little list of some of the authors I've met/seen thanks to my library: Markus Zusak (oh ya!), Christopher Paolini, Rick Riordan, Jennifer A. Nielson, Carol Lynch Williams, Lindsey Leavitt, Kiersten White, Marissa Meyer, Emmy Laybourne, Anna Banks, and lots more! Awesome!
5. They also have a bunch of other great events! I've attended some of their Learn It classes, and I always come out feeling so much smarter and motivated! I've collected a lot of books from Talk N Swaps. The summer reading program is the bomb! So Awesome!
6. It is easy to navigate. I love that I can walk right in and find everything. They have a great layout. Awesome!
7. The people who work there are super nice! And awesome!
8. A lot of my blogging buddies use this same library, and it fun to see them at events! Be-Awesome!
If I haven't convinced you yet, then you'll have to just go get a library card for yourself and experience it!
I love my library! Thanks to everyone who makes it awesome (staff, community, etc.)! It's just another thing that makes Utah great!
Keep up with the Provo City Library's happenings!