Newly christened “Four,” he discovers during initiation that he will succeed in Dauntless. Initiation is only the beginning, though; Four must claim his place in the Dauntless hierarchy. His decisions will affect future initiates as well as uncover secrets that could threaten his own future—and the future of the entire faction system.
Two years later, Four is poised to take action, but the course is still unclear. The first new initiate who jumps into the net might change all that. With her, the way to righting their world might become clear. With her, it might become possible to be Tobias once again.
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth comes a companion volume to the worldwide bestselling DIVERGENT series, told from the per-spective of the immensely popular character Tobias. The four pieces included here—THE TRANSFER, THE INITIATE, THE SON, and THE TRAITOR—plus three additional exclusive scenes, give readers an electrifying glimpse into the history and heart of Tobias, and set the stage for the epic saga of the DIVERGENT trilogy.
- I enjoyed the Divergent series, but I wasn't sure about this novella thing. I didn't know if I should try it or not. Well, I did.
- It's like a giant monologue in Four's head.
- This was an easy and quick read, and I usually enjoy those, but not this one. I wouldn't read this again.
- There was nothing new. I didn't learn anything new or special. It as disappointing.
- There was a part where he went back and forth about if he liked Tris or not, and it was really annoying!
- I didn't like being in Four's head. It took away some of his appeal. I liked how mysterious Four was, and how I didn't know what he was thinking. Now I do and I don't like it.
- I feel like this book didn't need to be made. I feel like the publishers are just trying to squeeze more money out of us.
- If you haven't read this, go ahead and pass it up. Just go read the Divergent books. It is better.