- Okay Goodreads! That is a really lame synopsis for this book. There is a whole lot of stuff that goes down in this book!
- My brothers love this book, and they used to watch the 80s movie a lot. I wasn't sure if I would ever read Dune or not, but Jenni
- The book starts off pretty darn slow. There is a lot of talking and politics, and then there is more talking and more politics. It is really boring, but it is all important for later.
- The story picks up after about 120 pages. It has more slow parts, but there are intriguing parts as well.
- It was a bit confusing. I read a little on Sparknotes, and the glossary, and I asked Jenni a lot of questions. All were extremely helpful.
- Paul's lack of emotion bugged me. There wasn't a lot of emotion from any of the characters really. I didn't feel a connection or attachment to anyone.
- The ending was very anticlimactic. I was a bit disappointed. The Baron needed a more horrible death. The fighting was too short was lacking in epicness.
- I think this is one of those books where the more you read it, the more you'll appreciate and love it. There is a lot of complicated info!
- I did love the world building, and I can appreciate everything this book has to offer. Overall, I think it is a good read, but it definitely isn't for everyone, and you have to be in the right mood for it.
Dune Discussion Posts: