Secrets have a way of getting out, especially when a diary is involved.
Whatever you do, don’t ask Greg Heffley how he spent his summer vacation, because he definitely doesn’t want to talk about it.
As Greg enters the new school year, he’s eager to put the past three months behind him . . . and one event in particular.
Unfortunately for Greg, his older brother, Rodrick, knows all about the incident Greg wants to keep under wraps. But secrets have a way of getting out . . . especially when a diary is involved.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules chronicles Greg’s attempts to navigate the hazards of middle school, impress the girls, steer clear of the school talent show, and most important, keep his secret safe.
- Another hilarious book about Greg and his life in middle school.
- I was really curious about what happened to Greg over the summer that was so embarrassing, so I'm glad the book delivers at the end.
- I thought Greg was a jerk, but it is probably because Rodrick is an even bigger jerk!
- The Dungeons and Dragons knock off game made me laugh. I got a kick out of Greg's mom playing the game too.
- I think it is ironic that Greg is so embarrassed by some things, but other stuff doesn't bother him. For instance, he thought it would be fun to join the old lady water aerobics class.
- Again the illustrations were funny and fun! I love them!
Previous Wimpy Kid Books
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)