How is the reading going? I know some of you have finished the book already! Well done! For the rest of us, there is still time! I hope everyone is having fun.
Let us recap what we just read.
- Max's father teaches Hans to play the accordion and saves his life.
- We finally meet Max.
- Max gives Liesel a present.
- Max fights the Fuhrer.
- The Mayor fires Rosa.
- Liesel steals The Whistler.
- Rudy makes some stupid choices.
- We learn more about Death.
- A snowman is built in the basement.
- Max becomes severely ill.
- Liesel leaves Max a series of gifts.
- Liesel steals another book.
Now for the discussion questions! I look forward to all of your answers! Feel free to answer them in the comments section or write your own blog post! Make sure to link up your post here so everyone can see!
1. What emotions have you felt while reading? Are they strong emotions?
2. Several characters mention similarities between Max and Liesel. What similarities have you noticed, and why do you think the author made these characters relate to each other?
3. What do you think of The Standover Man aka the book Max wrote for Liesel.
4. How do you feel about knowing who is going to die in the end and what are some of your predictions?
5. What do you think of Rudy's rebellious attitude?
6. Is Rosa growing on you?
7. What do you think of the relationship between Max and Liesel?
8. Why do you think Liesel is so determined to steal from the Mayor's library?
9. What really stands out to you in the story and why?
10. If you were in Hans' position, would you have helped/hid Max?
Twitter Chat!! Don't miss it!
Saturday, Sept 21
@ 7:00 PM