Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Last Straw

3293821Goodreads Synopsis:    Let’s face it: Greg Heffley will never change his wimpy ways. Somebody just needs to explain that to Greg’s father. You see, Frank Heffley actually thinks he can get his son to toughen up, and he enlists Greg in organized sports and other "manly” endeavors. Of course, Greg is able to easily sidestep his father’s efforts to change him. But when Greg’s dad threatens to send him to military academy, Greg realizes he has to shape up . . . or get shipped out.








My Thoughts:

-    I feel like I shouldn't relate to Greg as much as I do, but it is one of the reasons I like him so much.

-    The whole blanket/robe over a heat vent was awesome! I love to do that too.

-    I like that the book showed how awkward it is to start liking people in middle school. It really is that weird.

-    Greg's parents are kind of lame. They don't know how to handle their own kids. I can't believe the dad does Rodrick's homework. 

-    I understand making a high school student do his own laundry, but I wouldn't make a kid in middle school do it. Greg probably stank so bad!

-    What happened to Greg at the end of this book is WAY worse and more embarrassing that when happened in the last book over the summer.

-    I loved Gred's report! The content was BS, and I loved how he used a giant font and huge margins. I can't say I haven't tried that trick before.

Previous Wimpy Kid Books
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)

389627 

No comments:

Post a Comment