Friday, March 31, 2017

Mrs. Piggle Wiggle

1290114Goodreads Synopsis:    The incomparable Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle loves children good or bad and never scolds but has positive cures for Answer-Backers, Never-Want-to-Go-to-Bedders, and other boys and girls with strange habits. ‘[Now] in paperback . . . for a new generation of children to enjoy.' 'San Francisco Examiner Chronicle.

Meet Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle! She's the kind of grown-up you would like to have for a friend-and all her friends are children. She is a little lady with brown sparkly eyes. She lives in an upside-down house, with a kitchen that is always full of freshly baked cookies. Her husband was a pirate, and she likes to have her friends dig in the back yard for the pirate treasure he buried there.

Best of all, she knows everything there is to know about children. When a distraught parent calls her because Mary has turned into an Answer-Backer or Dick has become Selfish or Allen has decided to be a Slow-Eater-Tiny-Bite-Taker, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle has the answer. And her solutions always work, with plenty of laughs along the way.

So join the crowd at Mrs. Piggle Wiggle's house-and enjoy the comical, common-sense cures that have won her so many friends.

My Thoughts:

-    I wish Mrs. Piggle Wiggle were real, and that her cures for all sorts of behaviors really worked. It would be amazing!

-    I loved reading this as a kid. I remember wanting a neighbor like Mrs. Piggle Wiggle. It was still fun to read as an adult. I love books that you can read at any age.

-    My daughter read this by herself, and she enjoyed it. She thought it was really funny. I kinda wish we had read it together. It would be a fun book to read aloud.

-    I recommend this to everyone! 

5 comments:

  1. I vaguely remember reading this as a kid. A reread would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of these books. Since I don't have kids, do you think I'd still like it? Or would it be too young for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is young, but I think anyone could enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Mrs Piggle Wiggle in years! I loved that book growing up. Glad you love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Mrs. Piggle Wiggle in years either! But I remember loving her stories when I was young. Ah the memories of visiting my grandma and all the hours spent with her books like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete