Monday, November 29, 2021

The Prince and the Dressmaker

Title:
  The Prince and the Dressmaker

Author:  Jen Wang

Date Published:  February 13, 2018

Genre:  Graphic Novel, YA

Rating:  ★★★







My Thoughts:

-    While browsing the graphic novel section of the library, I noticed this little gem. It looked fun, so I took it home.

-    Frances is a seamstress, and she creates a very bold dress for someone important, and it catches the attention of the prince. The prince hires Frances as his personal tailor, but in secret she creates beautiful and edgy dresses for Sebastian to wear when no one is looking. Sebastian creates an alter ego, and his style becomes the talk of the town. 

-    I loved the messages of the story. For Sebastian it was all about being true to yourself and not hiding what makes you happy. For Frances it was about not giving up your own dreams for someone else's dreams, no matter what. 

-    I really liked the art style, and I loved all the dresses that Frances designed. This story was perfect for the graphic novel style.

No comments:

Post a Comment