On Thursday, I went to see Catching Fire!!!! It was awesome, but first, I had a delightful dinner party with friends.
I'm going to be lazy and not name people. Although I will say, I totally whipped Jenni's hubby in a game of wits! It was fun, I haven't been able to banter like that for a long long time.
- I enjoyed Hunger Games, but I loved Catching Fire. It was much better! They improved so much, including the monkey camera! It was more accurate, and OH the emotions!
- The casting was perfect!! All the new characters introduced were perfect for their roles. Finnick and Joanna were spot on awesome!
- The whole movie was intense and thrilling. There were parts where I was shaking.
- The ending is a HUGE cliffhanger! Luckily I was prepared because I've read the books. For those of you who haven't read them (shame on you), you are are going to be mad!
- Jennifer Lawrence IS Katniss!! She is an amazing actor. Her emotions are so raw and real. I don't know how she does it.
- I really loved how they portrayed Prim. She is maturing, growing, and getting her own strength.
- My only complaint was the kissing. Katniss was giving out kisses to Gale and Peeta like it was nothing. She might as well hand out some kissing to Finnick, Beetee, and Haymitch while she was at it.
- Overall, it was brilliant! Go see it! Watch The Hunger Games first though.
Previous movie in the trilogy
(click on image to see my thoughts)