Goodreads Synopsis: Anthony, also known as "Antsy," is fascinated by "The Schwa Effect"--the fact that no one ever sees Calvin Schwa. Even when acting weird and dressed like a total freak, The Schwa is only barely noticed. The two boys form a partnership and get away with all kinds of mischief, from conducting experiments at school to confounding opponents on the basketball court. When The Schwa senses that even Antsy is beginning to lose sight of him, he vows to do something that will make him so visible, no one will ever forget him. Any kid who's ever felt unnoticed will identify with Schwa and Antsy and their quest for notoriety.
- HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Awwwwww!
- This book was freakin' hilarious, but it also had it's tender moments. After I started the book, and was laughing out loud, the tender moments surprised me. I just wasn't expecting that from this book.
- I loved all the characters! Each one was so unique with different struggles to overcome.
- Sometimes I felt bad for the Schwa, but other times I wanted to smack him!
- Antsy is a good friend. He tries to do the right thing, and he often thinks of others.
- When Antsy would get sidetracked, it cracked me up! I loved his comparisons and how he describes things.
- I want to make "The Schwa Was Here" shirt, and I kinda want to start putting it in random places.
- The writing was really great! It felt like Antsy was writing in a journal, but he wasn't. It was really well done!
- This was a really cute and fun story! I highly recommend it to everyone!