- The book is about three stories.
- The first is about a boy named Jin Wang. He is new at his school, and he just wants to fit in and make friends, maybe even take his crush out on a date.
- The second story is about the monkey king. I remember watching this old Chinese fable on wishbone. The monkey king wants to become more than what he is. He even challenges the gods.
- The third story is about Danny. His super annoying Chinese cousin, Chin-Kee, is visiting him. Chin-Kee is making life miserable and embarrassing for Danny.
- I was not expecting this book to be so crazy, silly, and confusing. It was awesome in a weird sort of way.
- I knew these stories would all make sense in the end, and I was surprised on how they converged. The three stories seem so different, but they are connected.
- I liked the illustrations and the way the some of the panels showed movement and action. I also liked that this one was in color.
- This book had a good message. I liked that! After all the craziness, there was a lesson to learn.
- I can definitely see why this book won an award!