Friday, October 24, 2014

Anime Banzai

Last weekend I went to Anime Banzai with my brother. It was so fun!

There weren't very many panels I wanted to go to this year. It was a little disappointing.

On Friday we went to a panel where three people had made the same sword but with three different methods. That was cool. We also went to a panel that talked about creativity and mental illness. The therapist talked about how to create a character with a mental illness. I really want to cosplay, so we went to the Cosplay on  Budget panel. I'm hoping to get a head start for next year's cons. We also went to a Legends of Hyrule panel, and it was a geek fest. A little too much geeking out for me.

For dinner, I ended up at Applebee's with my brother's friends. They were three bronies, and it was weird.

Cosplays I saw on Friday:
Darn sun! This is Lightning from FFXIII. I'm playing this right now. I saw two other Lightnings, but didn't get their picture.


Howl, Sophie, and Turnip Head from Howl's Moving Castle! They were amazing!


Porco Rosso! I think this is the same one as last year.


 On Saturday, we got there early enough to get into the Anime Music Video Contest. Some were good, some were bad, and I closed my eyes for a couple.

Cosplays:

Master Roshi!


Totoro!


Raven from Teen Titans!


Mr. Piccolo!


This is the crowd for the Cosplay contests. It was so packed and started LATE!


Here is the children cosplayers. The little girl dressed as Cinderella was hilarious! She sang the ABCs for us.

We went to The Electric Universe panel with Chuck Huber. He was hilarious. Half the stuff he said was cool, and the other half was BS, but he was funny. We also went to What's New in Anime, and I found a bunch of anime I want to watch. I can't remember what other panels we attended. We went to the festival, but I don't remember what else.

I picked up some cool mugs for my family. I should get a picture of that.

Anyhoo! It was a fun weekend.
I think I'm fully recovered from Banzai, but I'm in a Anime/Manga craze right now.

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny regarding your feelings for bronies and My Little Pony. Corey probably would've gotten along with them swell. I'm glad you had fun! I can't wait to see your cosplay. :D

    ReplyDelete