- The story picks up right after Anne of Avonlea ends. Anne is off to college!
- I liked how real Anne's emotions were. I could relate to her. As her friends go off in different directions and get married, Anne longs for the joys of her childhood. She was uncertain of college and leaving home. She was home sick a lot. Anne is so real to me.
- I love how Anne found a house to rent with her friends. That would have been a lot of fun in college.
- Phil was a fickle and silly character. I'm glad Anne found new friends, but this one was a bit annoying.
- Davy cracks me up!
- It drove me crazy that Anne wanted to keep Gilbert at arms length! What is wrong with her!? It takes her forever to realize that she loves Gilbert! Thank Goodness she finally does!
- We need more books set in college!
Previous Anne of Green Gables Book
(Click on the cover to see my thoughts)