Friday, November 30, 2018

Yatimah

Yatimah (Horse Diaries, #6)Goodreads Synopsis:    For all lovers of horses and history, it's the next book in the popular Horse Diaries series. Born in the Arabian Desert in the ninth century, Yatimah is a black Arabian filly whose name means "orphan." She enjoys her life at the oasis, with sheep to tease, other foals to race, and the daughter of her Bedouin owner to take care of her. But when the colt who is her foster brother is stolen in a raid, Yatimah realizes her true birthright. Like Black Beauty, this moving novel is told in first person from the horse's own point of view and includes an appendix full of photos and facts about Arabian horses and Bedouin culture.




My Thoughts:

-    I knew the Arabian would get a book in this series! 

-    I really liked this one. These later books aren't just fluff. They deal with more emotions, not deep or heavy ones, but still. I like that the books are becoming a tad more serious while retaining the cuteness and heart. 

-    I love that these books take the readers around the world and through time. Each one is set in a different country with different people and cultures. It is really cool.

-    I'm glad Gnome is enjoying these.

-    I liked how Yatimah and her owner how to learn to trust one another, and they forged a slow and deep bond. Earning trust is not always easy.


Previous Horse Diaries Book:

Elska (Horse Diaries, #1) Bell's Star (Horse Diaries, #2) Koda (Horse Diaries, #3)
7819076 Golden Sun (Horse Diaries, #5)

1 comment:

  1. I don't care if I am an adult without a horse obsessed kid, I need to read these books!

    ReplyDelete