Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Dealing with Dragons


Goodreads Synopsis:    Once upon a time there was a bad princess...

Take one bored princess. Make her the seventh daughter in a very proper royal family. Have her run away. 

Add one powerful, fascinating, dangerous dragon. 

The Princess Cimorene has never met anyone (or anything) like the dragon Kazul. But then, she's never met a witch, a jinn, a death-dealing talking bird, or a stone prince either. 

Princess Cimorene ran away to find some excitement. She's about to...


My Thoughts:

-    This is one of my favorite books from my childhood. My brother introduced me to this series, and I was excited to share it with my daughter.

-    I love the characters. The dragons are fun, and Cimorene is the best. I love that Cimorene doesn't want to fit the princess mold, so she runs away and volunteers to be a dragon's princess. I'd like to think that I'd do the same.

-    The story is charming, silly, and a feel-good read. Gnome and I both enjoyed it immensly. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this book, too, for all the reasons you listed. :)

    ReplyDelete