Monday, March 27, 2023

Someone Else's Shoes


Title: 
Someone Else's Shoes

Author:  Jojo Moyes

Publisher:  Pamela Dorman Books

Date Published:  February 7, 2023

Genre:  Fiction, Contemporary

Rating:  ⭐





My Thoughts:

-  Nisha is a wealthy socialite from America. She and her husband are visiting England on business, and while Nisha is at the gym, her scum of a husband cuts off all her money and access to the hotel. He won't even speak to her, and she is left on the streets of England with no resources. She doesn't even have her own clothes because someone has taken her bag. 

Sam is struggling in multiple areas of her life. Her husband is depressed and can't move from the couch each day. He refuses to get help, and Sam is left taking care of him, their daughter, and their house. Her boss is a total jerk and constantly demeans her. When Sam accidently grabs the wrong bag from the gym she is visiting for the first time, she discovers some incredible clothes inside. The shoes give her a boost of confidence that she desperately needs. 

-  I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters, and I didn't think I would like Nisha, but she really grows on me. Sam tugged at my heart, and I loved cheering for both of these women. 

-  The first half of the book progressively made me angrier. I wanted the people in Nisha and Sam's life to get their comeuppance, and I wanted it to be evil and awesome! The ending wasn't what I wanted or expected, but it was still satisfying. 

-  My favorite part of the book was women helping other women. I loved how Nisha found people to help her, and I loved Sam's friend. I loved how a group of women helped he each other out for the sake of sisterhood. 

-  I loved Nisha and Sam's character arc. I loved how Nisha had to come to grips with the reality of her life. It was a hard pill to swallow, and she goes through a lot of emotions. I also loved Sam's growth. She was always amazing, but she didn't realize it. She deserved so much more than what she was getting. 

-  I can't stop thinking about this book. It was so good! This was my second Jojo Moyes book, and I am excited to read more of her stuff. 


My Thoughts in a GIF:

5 comments:

  1. This does sound like a good one! I like the idea of Sam finding confidence from wearing someone else's shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review. I read this and just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I'm glad you loved it as well.

      Delete