But when the siblings discover Benway is preparing to leave their lighthouse home, they band together to prove how much he’s needed, as only Bellweathers can. . . .
Full of comic capers and close calls, an art heist and albino alligators, and good intentions gone wrong, Kristin Clark Venuti’s hilarious debut novel introduces a new family that is absolutely unforgettable.
- This was a really cute and humorous book!
- The cover is a lot of fun, and after reading the book, I fell like it captures the Bellweather family perfectly!
- I like how the font changes for Benway's journal entries.
- Spider, Brick, and Sassy are terrible names for children.
- The way that things are described is pretty funny. I also got a kick out of the names of things, like St. Whiplash.
- The writing reminds me of Lemony Snicket's books.
- I disliked a lot of the family members at first, and I thought they were all out of control and crazy, but by the end, a lot of them grew on me. I still don't like Ninda though.
- I liked Benway a lot. He was such a funny character, and I really sympathized with him.
- The triplets reminded me of the 3 little boys from Brave.
- I loved the transition in the book, and I thought the ending was sweet.
- This book is definitely for younger readers, but I thought it was fun.