Goodreads Synopsis: To the forest on the shore of the Kingdom of the Isles, the orphan Pug came to study with the master magician Kulgan. But though his courage won him a place at court and the heart of a lovely Princess, he was ill at ease with the normal ways of wizardry. Yet Pug's strange sort of magic would one day change forever the fates of two worlds. For dark beings from another world had opened a rift in the fabric of spacetime to being again the age-old battle between the forces of Order and Chaos.
- This is one of my favorite authors of all time! I love his stories, world, characters, and writing.
- There are a lot of characters in this book, but it is very easy to keep track of who is who and their station.
- This book has everything! Magic, knights, romance, princes and princesses, aliens, action, chase scenes, pirates, battles, elves, dwarves, and more! It is epic!
- I love how the characters grow and develop. This book takes place over several years, and the characters mature as they grow up. I love that!
- There is so much going on in the story, but it flows really well. I don't get confused or anything. All the pieces just fit, and it is fun to see each character and their journey.
- The ending is especially exciting. The battle at Crydee is so fun to read.
- The story is not finished. There are so many things left to wonder about, but the ending is not a killer cliffhanger.
- The enemy in this book is so interesting. Their different culture and the way they think really intrigues me.
- I feel like my ramblings just don't do this book justice! This is a must read for all fantasy lovers!!