Vivian Vande Velde has wondered too, and she’s come up with these six alternative versions of the old legend. A bevy of miller’s daughters confront their perilous situation in very different ways — sometimes comic, sometimes scary. Most of the time, it’s the daughter who gets off safely, but sometimes, amazingly, Rumpelstiltskin himself wins the day. And in one tale, it is the king who cleverly escapes a quite unexpected fate.
- This was a fun little book with a variety of Rumpelstiltskin tales.
- The summary of the original Rumpelstiltskin story and how absurd it is was hilarious!
- I like how some of the stories took place in different countries.
- Each story was very unique and different, but it still followed the Rumpelstiltskin story.
- I liked the ones where Rumpelstiltskin was the good guy.