Too many deadly battles.
Can a king save his kingdom, when his own survival seems unlikely?
War has come to Carthya. It knocks at every door and window in the land. And when Jaron learns that King Vargan of Avenia has kidnapped Imogen in a plot to bring Carthya to its knees, Jaron knows it is up to him to embark on a daring rescue mission. But everything that can go wrong does.
His friends are flung far and wide across Carthya and its neighbouring lands. In a last-ditch effort to stave off what looks to be a devastating loss for the kingdom, Jaron undertakes what may be his last journey to save everything and everyone he loves. But even with his lightning-quick wit, Jaron cannot forestall the terrible danger that descends on him and his country. Along the way, will he lose what matters most? And in the end, who will sit on Carthya's throne?
Rousing and affecting, Jaron's adventures have thrilled and moved readers in The False Prince and The Runaway King. Journey once again with the Ascendant King of Carthya, as New York Times bestselling author Jennifer A. Nielsen brings his story to a stunning conclusion withThe Shadow Throne.
- I've been waiting for this book for a long time!!! It didn't disappoint.
- I didn't feel like smacking Jaron for once. It was kinda nice, but I missed some of the stubborn foolishness.
- The ending was awesome! I loved all the reveals! I loved the conclusion!
- There were a few slow bits in the middle. This one didn't keep me turning pages like the previous two, except for the end.
- Roden proved to be a great asset to Jaron. I thought Jaron was a fool for giving Roden such a high rank, but of course, Jaron's plan worked. I really admire Roden now. His character development was really fun to read.
- I love gray characters. The ones where you don't know if they are good or bad, and this series has so many! You just never know who to trust, and the people you don't trust do surprising things.
- I loved the part the women had to play in the war. GO GIRLS!
- War isn't fun for anyone, and I'm glad the author portrayed that.
- I can't gush enough about this series! READ IT!