Monday, April 2, 2012

The False Prince

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)

Goodreads Description:  THE FALSE PRINCE is the thrilling first book in a brand-new trilogy filled with danger and deceit and hidden identities that will have readers rushing breathlessly to the end.

In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king's long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Four orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner's motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword's point -- he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. But Sage's rivals have their own agendas as well.

As Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to Conner's sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of treachery and deceit unfold, until finally, a truth is revealed that, in the end, may very well prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together.

An extraordinary adventure filled with danger and action, lies and deadly truths that will have readers clinging to the edge of their seats.

My Thoughts:

-    It was a nice change to read from a male perspective.  Most of the books I read are from a female point of view.  I think it is because I read more female author's books.  Sometimes a female author just can't pull off a believable guy.  I thought Nielson did a great job at capturing a believable rebellious boy.  

-    I like Sage's rebellious attitude.  At times, he can be a bit too stubborn though.  I have a bit of a rebel in me, and I always enjoy a good rebelliousness at times. 

-    The book was never dull.  I was captivated the whole time.  

-    The twist at the end was a bit of a surprise.  I kind of suspected it, but didn't really believe or linger on my suspicions.  I have to say, I wasn't too thrilled with the twist.  I kinda wanted it to play out a little differently.  

-    I enjoyed all the characters!  Each one kept me guessing at what they would do next.  Some of them were really hard to pinpoint their loyalties. 

-    Overall it was a really great book, I'm excited to read the rest of the series!!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book. I'm going to the think on Wednesday, but I won't have read the book by then. It sounds fun. Can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are going!! I will get to see you again!

    ReplyDelete