Haden Lord, the disgraced Prince of the Underrealm, has chosen love over honor and will do everything in his power to protect Daphne Raines, the human girl he was supposed to bring to the Underrealm. Haden’s choice is put to the test as the Skylords and a figure from his past arrive in Olympus Hills with a plan that could destroy all of the realms.
Embracing her destiny as the Cypher, Daphne begins to understand the immense power of her musical ability to control the elements, but she must come to terms with her feelings for Haden and what she must sacrifice in order to protect him and her friends.
Believing the Key of Hades is the only thing that can stop the Underrealm Court from releasing the monstrous Keres on the mortal world, Haden, Daphne, and their friends set out to find the Key before Persephone’s Gate opens again on the spring equinox.
- I love this series! This book didn't have middle book syndrome at all. It moved the story along nicely and kept me hooked the whole way through.
- The story is very well thought out. I love the twists and surprises.
- The characters are awesome. I loved them in the first book, and each character grows so much in this book. Great character development!
- The ending is awful, but in a good way. It is one of those cliffhanger endings where you want to chuck the book across the room and weep, but you love the author for it because it is just great storytelling.
- I love the relationship between Daphne and her father. Her dad made huge mistakes, but he is really stepping up as a father, and I love seeing good father figures in books. We need more of that.
- I also love the Daphne and Haden relationship. It is full of tension!
- Love this series! So many emotions! More gush gush gush!
Previous book in the Into the Dark series
(cover is linked)