Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Immortal Throne

29058352Goodreads Synopsis:    Daphne Raines was not expecting to wind up Queen of the Underrealm. She knew it was risky to enter the underworld to save the love of her life, Haden, who had sacrificed his own honor as an Underlord for her sake. But she could never have predicted that she’d end up betrothed to Haden’s conniving half-brother, Garrick, new King of the Underrealm—and bound to his dark world.

Even worse, Haden is banished to the mortal realm, and has just days to live as poison takes over his body and mind. Only Daphne’s kiss can save him, but how can she escape Garrick and reach Haden in time?

Surprises lurk around every corner in the final chapter of this romance story as Haden and Daphne fight to fulfill their destinies, challenging their fates and confronting the reality that they might die in the process.

My Thoughts:

-    I have nothing but praise for this series! The ending did not disappoint. It was everything I wanted and more.

-    I love how these characters have grown and developed. They each had their own moments to shine, and I've grown really attached to each one. 

-    I was able to predict some of the story twists, but not all. There were still a lot of surprises for me, and I loved it.

-    Daphne's dad and Tobin really shined. They didn't have any special powers, but they really stepped up and didn't shy away from the battle. I loved how they did everything and anything they could to help Daphne. I especially loved Daphne's dad. He really redeemed himself and turned his whole life around. 

-    I enjoyed Haden and Daphne's relationship. Their relationship didn't take over the story even though it was central. There was still plenty of other things going on, and it was the perfect amount of romance to action/scheming/awesome stuff. 

-    This is my new favorite Persephone and Hades retelling. It was a really fun trilogy. I'm glad Bree didn't give up on it. She fought through all the obstacles, and I really admire that.

Previous books in the Into the Dark series
(covers are linked)

18077928 22608484

2 comments:

  1. I need to read this trilogy. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked this one too. I need to read it. I really want to and I was planning to this year, but my reading has been weird this year. We'l see what happens.

    ReplyDelete