Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Marvelous Land of Oz

430480Goodreads Synopsis:    Tip builds a pumpkinheaded man as a joke. But the joke's on Tip when a mean old witch brings Jack Pumpkinhead to life! 

Soon Jack and Tip-and their friend, the Sawhorse-are on the road to Oz. There they join forces with the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman against the rebel army of General Jinjur, who has conquered the Emerald City. 

If Tip and his friends defeat Jinjur, they can restore the throne to the rightful ruler-Princess Ozma. There's just one slight problem-they've got to find the princess first.





My Thoughts:

-    I didn't love this one as much as the first book, but it was still very enjoyable.

-    I love the classic characters the best, but the new characters were fun. I missed Dorothy, but I liked getting to know Tip and his friends. 

-    I love Baum's simple writing style. He is a great storyteller. The story is very straightforward without much fluff.

-    The ending is quite surprising. I don't think anyone could see it coming.

-    I love the world that Baum created. Oz is awesome! I want to visit.

Previous Oz Book
(covers are linked)

60181

No comments:

Post a Comment