With bigger battles and higher stakes, John Flanagan's epic adventure charges ahead with this rousing follow-up to The Ruins of Gorlan.
- These books are thought out so well. The plot, the characters, the dialogue, etc. Everything is done so well.
- I loved the interactions between Horace and Will. These boys that used to be rivals are now close friends, and I've really enjoyed seeing their friendship developed.
- I liked getting to know Gilan better. He is a fun character.
- I loved the introduction of Evanlyn, and I liked that she wasn't useless. She fit right in with Horace and Will, and she was a great asset to them. I also love her snarky personality compared to the boys.
- The war planning and tactics are so much fun! John Flanagan is brilliant!
- One of my favorite things about this series is the humor. I laughed out loud several times, especially with some of Halt's shenanigans. Halt's interactions with Alice were the best!
- The ending is very exciting and thrilling, but also a little sad. That last scene with Halt just breaks my heart.
- I love these books! They are one of my favorite series ever! I will own all of them someday!
Previous Ranger's Apprentice Book