Monday, May 28, 2018

Manga Classics: The Count of Monte Cristo

Manga Classics: The Count of Monte CristoGoodreads Synopsis:    A Conspiracy and a miscarriage of justice turn the gentle Edmond Dantès into an implacable agent of fate: The Count of Monte Cristo . Obsessed by vengeance and empowered by providence, the Count avenges himself on whose who have wronged him - but is this justice, or is this hubris? In the end, does even the Count know?

Alexandre Dumas' skillful narrative combines intrigue, betrayal, and triumphant revenge into a powerful conflict between good and evil. Now this exciting saga, rich and diverse, takes on an entirely new life in this Manga Classics adaptation!






My Thoughts:

-    I LOVE these Manga Classics. I love that they stay true to the original story. 

-    The story is so complex and interwoven. I love how characters effect each other, and how the Count uses connections to create his plans.

-    The overall story is very sad, but there is some happiness in the end. Most of the characters are doomed to suffer though. 

-    The illustrations and character designs were beautiful! Each page was amazing.

-    I think I attempted to read the book once. Dante spent so much time in prison, and it was so slow. I don't know if I'll try again.

2 comments:

  1. I never could make it through the book. Maybe I should try this Manga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to try these mangas because they'll help me read the books since I don't want to spend the time to read the full story.

    ReplyDelete