Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Waterless Mountain

Waterless MountainFrom Goodreads:    Winner of the 1931 Newbery Medal, this is an authentic novel about an eight-year-old Navaho boy's training as a medicine man. This deeply moving and accurate account of one young Navaho's childhood and spiritual journey is filled with wonder and respect for the natural world--a living record of the Navaho way of life before the influence of the white man.











My Thoughts:

-    Another painstakingly boring Newbery winner. Oy! Not only was this super boring, but I'm not sure how accurate it was.

-    I don't like when there are a lot of stories within stories.

-    There wasn't anything to really keep my attention. There wasn't a main storyline. The story was just following a Navaho's boys day to day events.

-    I was a little confused about the time period. I couldn't figure it out.

-    I hope I get an interesting Newbery winner soon! When I started this goal, I didn't realize what a drag a lot of these books would be.

2 comments:

  1. I’m impressed you’re sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jenny. I'm impressed you're still reading them. I would've given up a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete