Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Hello!

Image result for Hello

Did you miss me?

Lots of things happened over my 10 day social media break. That hardest app/website to stay away from was Instagram. I kept having moments that I wanted to post! I didn't miss Twitter, so I don't know if I'll use it much anymore. I'll still keep my account, since my friends and I communicate via Twitter, but I'm okay not scrolling around and checking it for updates.

I missed blogging! I'm already behind on book reviews, but now I'm EXTRA behind. It is okay though.

Did I get to read and cross stitch more? Yes and no, I read a little more, but I did not touch my cross stitch. Sad huh? I do have a cleaner house though, so that is a plus!

The biggest thing I took away from the last 10 days is time management. Without social media to distract me, I was able to use my time better, and I got more done in the day. The other thing I realized is how much Instagram helps me stay connected to people. I say Instagram in particular because I learn about what my friends and family are doing on a daily/weekly bases, and it is nice to kinda stay in touch that way. It is like socializing without actually socializing.

So yes, there are good and bad things to social media, and I'm grateful for what I've learned. I'm hoping to keep the good and not spend time on the bad.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! That’s cool that you were able to evaluate what social media you really use and which you don’t. I get on stuff everyday just because. I probably wouldn’t miss any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! We missed you! I like how you noticed what you missed and didn't miss about social media. I think that will help you going forward. I may have to try this some time, except my family might be upset not getting to see pictures of Munchkin! I could probably almost get rid of Twitter other than using it for blogging and readathons. I much prefer Instagram, a little more visual and easier to pick out what is important for me personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you survived your social media break...and that you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete