Thursday, January 3, 2019

And Then There Were None

And Then There Were NoneGoodreads Synopsis:    First, there were ten - a curious assortment of strangers summoned as weekend guests to a private island off the coast of Devon. Their host, an eccentric millionaire unknown to all of them, is nowhere to be found. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal - and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder. One by one they fall prey. Before the weekend is out, there will be none. And only the dead are above suspicion.









My Thoughts:

-    This was my first Agatha Christie novel, and I really enjoyed it! I love a good whodunit story.

-    The beginning was a little slow, and it took a while to familiarize myself with the 10 victims, but once the murders began I was hooked.

-    The story is very clever and suspenseful. I thought I had figured out whodunit, but I was wrong. . . mostly.

-    I love that the book kept me guessing. I wanted to know how each person died and how it fit into the rhyme. I wanted to know who the killer was, and I wanted to know what was going to happen next. 

-    I was surprised at how well the story holds up. For a book from the 30s, it is still fun. 

-    I think will read more from Christie, and I'm beginning to understand why she is so popular.

1 comment:

  1. This was the first Agatha Christie I ever read, too. And it made me a fan. I love her mysteries.

    ReplyDelete