Friday, July 13, 2012

Singin' in the Rain



My Thoughts:

-    Seeing this on the big screen was AWESOME!!!  I can now say that I've seen Gene Kelly in theaters!!

-    My favorite thing about it was being part of a great audience.  I loved the people that clapped after each dance number.  It was just so fun.  Everyone was laughing and just having a ball!

-    I loved the intro stuff before the movie.  They had an interview with Debbie Reynolds, and showed clips of interviews with other members of the cast.  It was great!  

-    This is one of the greatest musicals of all time!  It is so fun, funny, and happy!  It has great characters, fun story, hilarious moments, dance numbers, and music.  You just can't go wrong here.  

-    The dance numbers are wonderful.  It makes me want to get up and dance.  I can't believe Debbie Reynolds didn't know how to dance before this movie.  She has major talent and is a quick learner.  Gene Kelly and Donald O'Conner are wonderful together!!  I wish they had done more shows together.

-    Cosmo's character was hilarious!  His Make 'em Laugh number is one of the funniest routines I've seen.

-    I also love the "no no no," "yes yes yes," part!  Cracks me up every time!!  Same goes for the "I can't stan 'em" bits.

-    Gene Kelly is so charming.  He has a nice smile.  I used to have a crush on him when I was little.

-    I just can't say enough about this movie.  If I wrote down everything I thought about this movie, we'd be here all day.  If you haven't seen it, YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!  Get a copy of this and watch it!!!!

-    I want to see it again!  I wish this was in the theaters longer than just this one day.



p.s.  They were showing trivia questions about musicals before the show, and I ALL of them correct!! Oh ya!  

4 comments:

  1. I love Singin' in the Rain. It's one of my favorite movies. Alas, my husband hates musicals so I don't watch it often.

    I had the chance to meet Debbie Reynolds for my 18th birthday in Vegas. It was awesome! She's a lovely lady in real life. I really enjoyed meeting her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will watch it with you anytime you want. I'm so jealous that you have met Debbie Reynolds!!

      Delete
  2. I am utterly jealous that there an event like this and I didn't know!!!!! Singin' in the Rain is my favorite musical!!! and I still have a crush on Gene Kelly!!! I have even learned the Moses Supposes dance!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome!! You are now one of my favorite people. It is UBER sad that you missed it. It was amazing! I hope they do it again.

      Delete