Light's latest machinations are putting a strain on even his formidable intellect as Near flies to Japan to beard Kira in his den. Near is sure that Light is Kira, but his sense of honor as L's heir will allow no doubts. He doesn't want to just stop the Kira murders, he wants to expose Light as the Death Note killer. Light thinks he's up to the challenge, but will the pressures of his fiancée, his new flame, and his acolyte prove to be fatal distractions?
- The little Lego/other models of the characters that Near plays with crack me up!!
- Why does Near have to tell Light everything? L did the same thing. I don't understand the advantage of telling the enemy all your plans.
- The Shinigami's have taken a back seat role in the last few volumes. We don't get to see Ryuk as much. He only makes little side comments. I wish there was more of him.
- I'm so excited to read the ending!!! How is going to play out?
- This series is ok. It got kinda boring and dumb after L died, but it is ok.
- I don't like that the whole "Kira is evil and needs to be stopped" idea is the main focus, it is the pride of Light and Near. Who is going to win? This just became a giant competition to see who is more clever. Have the good guys lost the real focus?
Kindred Spirit is Volume 11 of the Death Note series.
To see my thoughts on the previous 10 volumes, click on the cover.