Monday, November 12, 2012

Flesh & Bone

Flesh and Bone (Benny Imura, #3)Goodreads Synopsis:    Reeling from the tragic events of Dust & Decay, Benny Imura and his friends plunge deep into the zombie-infested wastelands of the great Rot & Ruin. Benny, Nix, Lilah and Chong journey through a fierce wilderness that was once America, searching for the jet they saw in the skies months ago. If that jet exists then humanity itself must have survived…somewhere. Finding it is their best hope for having a future and a life worth living.

But the Ruin is far more dangerous than any of them can imagine. They are hunted by fierce animals escaped from zoos and circuses. They must raid zombie-infested towns for food and medical supplies. They discover the very real truth in the old saying: In the Rot & Ruin…everything wants to kill you.

And what is happening to the zombies? Swarms of them are coming from the east, devouring everything in their paths. These zoms are different. Faster, smarter, infinitely more dangerous. Has the zombie plague mutated, or is there something far more sinister behind this new invasion of the living dead?

In Flesh & Bone, Benny Imura, Nix Riley, Lou Chong and Lilah the Lost Girl are pitted against dangers greater than anything they've ever faced. To survive, each of them must rise to become the warriors Tom trained them to be.


My Thoughts:

-    This book had a little bit of a different feeling to it.  There are new baddies and new challenges for our characters to face.  

-    The Author's Note at the beginning is a wonderful message about grief and loss! 

-    I'm not a fan of people who hear a dead loved one's voice in their head giving advice.  I'm pretty sure Benny is schizo!

-    Even though these books tend to be sad, I'm glad the author throws in a little humor now and then.

-    These characters have WAY higher pain tolerances than I do!  Wholly crap!  Especially Lilah and Chong,  I think I'd rather just die than deal with that kind of pain.

-    Nix got really bossy and a little annoying.  I know bad stuff has happened and continues to happen, but geez!  Get a grip!  Real people would probably react this way though, so I suppose it is more realistic.  Darn female!

-    I can totally see some crazy cult and other religions being created after a zombie apocalypse.  I love that these books are so plausible. 

-    Brother John creeps me out more than the zombies do!  In fact, a lot of the baddies in this series scares me more than zombies.  

-    There was still plenty of action, but this book wasn't as crazy filled with it as the last one.  This book tones down a bit of the killing and focuses more on the people and setting us up for the last book.  

-    Again, the writing is wonderful!  

-    Overall, this book was a joy to read!  I'm so excited for the last one that is coming out next year!!  I can't wait!!  


Series Info:

Flesh & Bone is the 3rd book in the Benny Imura series.  Click on the pictures read my review of the previous books.

 

2 comments:

  1. I need to start this series at some point. The covers still freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books aren't that scary. They are more sad and somber than scary. They really pull on the heartstrings.

      Delete