Friday, July 12, 2013

The Hidden Staircase

The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2)Goodreads Bit:    Teenage detective Nancy Drew uses her courage and powers of deduction to solve the mysterious happenings in an old stone mansion.
















My Thoughts:

-    At first I was a little embarrassed reading Nancy Drew, but I'm going to take Stephanie Perkins' advice, and I'm not going to be ashamed of anything I enjoy reading, so here it is: I really like reading these Nancy Drew books! I feel like I missed out when I was younger. 

-    The title kind of gives away some of the mystery. I don't like that.

-    I liked that this story was a pretty different mystery than the first one. I enjoyed the ghost story element and creepy old houses!

-    There was some added danger to Nancy's family, and it made the mystery even more urgent. 

-    Nancy is very confident, and she has a lot of courage. I would not go hunting for ghosts in creepy attics and basements, but she did it willingly! I also like that Nancy is very polite and considerate. She has good character!

-    I liked that the police weren't useless. I hate it in movies and books when the police are totally useless and the protagonists have to do everything themselves. Nancy involves the police and helps them, and she lets the police do their job! Thank you!

-    I thought the ending was a bit abrupt, but everything was solved, so I guess it was ok. I like that the book doesn't have a bunch of added fluff, and the story moves along quickly. 


Previous Nancy Drew Book
(Click on cover to see my thoughts)

No comments:

Post a Comment