Friday, April 27, 2012

Touch of Power

Touch of Power (Healer, #1)

Goodreads Description:   Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan absorbs their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Fifteen Realms, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.
Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life...
My Thoughts:
-    I just LOVE Maria V. Snyder books!!  *sigh*  This one did not disappoint.  Great story, wonderful characters, and everything in between!
-    I really like Avry.  She has a nice name, and a spunky, stubborn personality.  Her powers are like Rogue's and Wolverine's combined!  Cool!
-    I love the dialogue in all of Snyder's books.  The banter between characters is wonderful and hilarious.     Snyder has quite the sense of humor and wit.
-    The cover is nice, but I don't like the girl's face.  She kinda looks like Kristen Stewart, and that bugs me.  
-    Each chapter always made me want to read just one more!!  Of course, I couldn't stop.  I just devoured the whole book from start to finished.
-    I love the humor and friendship between the characters.  Belen, Quain, Loren, and Flea just add so much awesomeness!!  Every girl needs some brothers like these guys.  Belen is my hero!
-    I am not a sappy person, and I'm not into chick flicks or anything like that, but for some reason, Maria V. Snyder's books always make me swoon, sigh, and melt.  Amid the adventure and magic, she always adds in a bit of romance, and I just eat it up!!  I think it is because her men are always so swoon worthy.  
-    After finishing this book, I just feel happy and giddy.
-    The ending is GREAT!!  There are still things left to find out though, but I'm sure that will be taken care of in the future books.  The end wasn't a huge cliffhanger (THANK YOU VERY MUCH!), but I'm eager for #2 in this series.

1 comment:

  1. "She kinda looks like Kristen Stewart, and that bugs me. "
    :)

    ReplyDelete