Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Maze Runner



My Thoughts:

-    I thought this was a good adaptation of the book. There was only one difference that bugged me. 

-    All the actors did great! They nailed the casting on this one. Newt was my favorite in the book, and I think he'll be a fav in the movies. I liked Minho a lot too.

-    I'm hoping the movies will give us the answers that the books didn't.

-    I pictured the greavers a little different in my head, but I thought they did a good job with them.

-    Even though I knew what was going to happen, I was still in suspense. 

-    This was a fun thriller/action movie. I'll probably watch The Scorch Trials. 

-    I liked the James Dashner cameo at the end.

3 comments:

  1. I loved all the boys and it's hard to pick a favorite. They did an excellent job. I was on the edge of my seat too, with all that suspense. I hope they continue to do well, and like you, maybe they'll answer questions... maybe things will make more sense in the end? I guess we'll see. One difference bugged me too, I wonder if it's the same one. I think they left it out because it would have been too cheesy to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I thought it was pretty well acted across the board. I jumped a handful of times in the theatre, which is always a good sign. (For me, anyway.) I read this book so long ago that the story felt new to me - I couldn't remember what happened. I think that played to my advantage, because I wasn't comparing it to the book the whole time, like I usually do with book-to-film adaptations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the movie. I was definitely in suspense since I had no idea what was going to happen. And, I guess I'll see if your questions get answered by the third film before I decide to read the books. I really liked Newt too.

    ReplyDelete