A new life means fresh problems to solve, fresh surprises. Anne and Gilbert will make new friends and meet their neighbors: Captain Jim, the lighthouse attendant, with his sad stories of the sea; Miss Cornelia Bryant, the lady who speaks from the heart -- and speaks her mind; and the tragically beautiful Leslie Moore, into whose dark life Anne shines a brilliant light.
- Anne and Gilbert are FINALLY married!!!! Hooray! They are one of my all time favorite couples in literature.
- Anne and Gilbert face joys and sorrows in their first few years of marriage. It is a very realistic book.
- I know how Anne feels about her little house. I live in a little home, and I love it, and I never want to leave, but it isn't realistic. We're going to have to move soon.
- I loved the people Anne and Gilbert meet. I love Captain Jim and his stories. I love Leslie, especially her happy ending.
- Anne is such a matchmaker. She helps couples meet and get married everywhere she goes!
- These books are so warm and comforting. I just love them! They make me happy.