- Anne looks younger on this cover than she did on the previous two covers. Why did they do that?
- I don't know if everyone will appreciate the subtle beauty and charm that is Anne's world. The story isn't thrilling or exciting. It is about people and their lives.
- I felt like the book is made up of a bunch of different stories because the book is about all the different people Anne meets and influences during her three years in Summerside.
- I missed Gilbert and Diana a lot. Anne writes Gilbert a lot of letters, and Diana is mentioned, but it just isn't the same.
- The author skips the parts of Anne's letters that are "love letter" bits. I'm curious about what Anne would say in her love letters, but I'm also grateful they were omitted because I think they'd be boring and full of fluff.
- Misunderstandings seem to be the theme of this book.
- Hazel is one crazy basket case! Good luck Terry!
- Gerald and Geraldine are horrible awful little children that need some major smack downs!
- I can't believe Gilbert and Anne were engaged for 3 years! And they spent the majority of the time far away from each other.
- Elizabeth is probably my favorite story. I love her little personality, and I loved her happy ending.
- I can't wait to continue Anne's journey in the next books!
Previous Anne of Green Gables Book
(Click on the cover to see my thoughts)