Friday, June 19, 2015

Life Update

I don't usually write about my personal life, but I feel like I needed to write about what is going on with the crazy house hunt.

A lot of you know we sold are house, and we've been living with some friends since April. Well, we found a house. It seemed PERFECT! We were under contract to buy it, but then we had our inspection. We decided to back out. What was wrong with it you ask? Well!

-    Furnace didn't work
-    Water Heater needed some help
-    No cooling system whatsoever. No AC, no swamp cooler, etc.
-    There was about $1000 worth of plumbing we'd need fixed before moving in.
-    Electricity didn't work in 2 rooms of the house and the inspector didn't know why.
-    MOLD!
-    There were some areas where water was leaking in the house.

This is the real kicker. . . 

-    There was a sex offender 3 doors down IN THE CUL DE SAC!!! He had 3 offenses in the last year. 2 of them were with children! The other one basically said he raped someone. I don't want to worry about a pervert taking pictures of my daughter while she rides her bike around the cul de sac.

Sooooooooooooooooo. . . we are back out there looking :( It is so frustrating and discouraging. 

At least we have a nice place to live with good friends. Our living arrangements are pretty nice, so no complaints there. 

I just want my own home! *sigh*

7 comments:

  1. That's so disappointing! I hope you find somewhere nice soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! At least you were able to find things out before you got into that house and neighborhood. Still, I'm sorry the house hunt is taking so long. Hang in there. You'll find something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. That really sucks. :( You'll find something. I hope soon and I hope close by, but even if it's not, we'll still visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sad. At least you found out while you could still get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry! House hunting can be so frustrating, especially in this market where houses go within a matter of hours. Hope your luck turns up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you found all that out before you committed! I'm sorry, I can only imagine how horribly frustrating house hunting must be. Perhaps it's kind of like car shopping that way? I hate car shopping. I hope the perfect house shows up soon!

    ReplyDelete