Twelve-year-old Astrid has always done everything with her best friend Nicole. So when Astrid signs up for roller derby camp, she assumes Nicole will too. But Nicole signs up for dance camp with a new friends instead, and so begins the toughest summer of Astrid's life. There are bumps and bruises as Astrid learns who she is without Nicole...and what it takes to be a strong, tough roller girl.
- Very very very fun graphic novel!! Loved it!
- Astrid was so easy to relate to. She is discovering who she is and what she wants, and she is making new friends along the way.
- Sometimes we outgrow friends, and it is hard to let them go. I liked that Astrid and her old friend were still on good terms in the end.
- The illustrations were super fun! They reminded me A LOT of Raina Telgemeier's books. The facial expressions were awesome.
- I love how the main character learned how to be a good friend. She was really selfish, and you have to give a little and take a little to be a friend. I also loved how she learned how to support her friends.
- The book had some great messages. I liked how it talked about kindness being better than revenge and anger.
- Wonderful story! I recommend it to all ages!