Monday, September 21, 2015

The Scorch Trials



My Thoughts:

-    I thought Dashner's books couldn't get more ridiculous, but oh was I wrong! 

-    Wow! This movie was ridiculous and awful!

-    I was so bored! I actually looked at my phone to see how long I'd been in the theater. The movie just wouldn't end!

-    The movie is a completely different story than the book. The only similarities are the character's names.

-    I love that Alan Tudyk was in this film. I always like seeing him.

-    I also liked Janson's Irish accent. 

-    The zombies were bleh. I actually laughed when a zombie got kicked down a stairwell cause it was so ridiculous. 

-    The monkey cam was TERRIBLE! I could barely tell what was going on in some parts because the camera was shaking so bad.

-    I was so disappointed. I liked the The Maze Runner, and I was hoping the movies would give me the closure and answers I never got, but it looks like the movies are going to be just as/even more frustrating than the books. 

First movie in the Maze Runner series:
(picture is linked to my thoughts)

4 comments:

  1. So if it would have followed the books would you have been happier? Because I think the movie itself was just fine, except that book thing. They did a great job acting, filming, special effects and etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably won't mind it since I haven't read the books, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Sounds like you and Suey had completely different opinions. I would think the movie being different than the books would be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am kinda with you, Kami, it did feel long! But I wasn't as bugged as you were I don't think. But then again, I haven't read the books. I feel like they relied to heavily on the "special effects" and action sequences too much. The plot itself seemed a bit underwhelming or under developed. BUT I thought it was an okay movie.

    ReplyDelete