From Goodreads: Usagi Tsukino is a normal girl until she meets up with Luna, a talking cat, who tells her that she is Sailor Moon. As Sailor Moon, Usagi must fight evils and enforce justice, in the name of the Moon and the mysterious Moon Princess. She meets other girls destined to be Sailor Senshi (Sailor Scouts), and together, they fight the forces of evil!
- I've always wanted to read the Sailor Moon manga, so I'm excited I finally started.
- I love that Sailor Moon is a gamer and goes to an arcade after school every day.
- I'm not okay with 14 year old girls being sexualized. I'm not okay with any girl being sexualized, but it is worse the younger they are. I really wish Usagi and her friends were older.
- I love Luna. Every great manga has a fun snarky cat.
Goodreads Says: The mysterious Tuxedo Mask has revealed his identity, forcing Usagi to come to terms with her growing affections for the masked vigilante, all the while defending the people of Earth from renewed attacks by the sinister “enemy”. Everything threatens to overwhelm even Sailor Moon when suddenly a new Sailor Guardian appears. Could this new Guardian be the Moon Princess the Sailor Guardians are sworn to protect?
- Why is Sailor Moon shocked that someone knows who she is? Her clothes don't change much, and she doesn't wear a mask all the time.
- I think it is hilarious that Usagi is depicted as a bunny when her parents talk about her.
- I can definitely see how The Lunar Chronicles was influenced by Sailor Moon. Fun Fact: Marissa Meyer wrote Sailor Moon fan fiction before she published a book.
- A lot about the characters is revealed in this volume. It was very interesting, and I'm enjoying the story.
From Goodreads: Tuxedo Mask gone bad?! As more of her closest allies fall under the power of the evil Queen Beryl, Usagi comes closer to discovering the truth behind her past. The stage is set for an all-out battle for the fate of Earth between the Sailor Guardians and the forces of evil. But when the dust settles, a little girl calling herself “Usagi” falls from the sky and right into the arms of Mamoru. What is her connection to Sailor Moon and why does she want the Legendary Silver Crystal?
- The first story line finished halfway through this volume. I would have been okay if that was the end of the manga, but I'm glad there is more. I liked the way everything wrapped up.
- Chibi-Usa? She seems like bad news.
- I wish the girls were older than 14! They don't act or look like 14 year olds. Plus Sailor Moon found her soul mate. That shouldn't happen at 14.