Tuesday, June 12, 2018

James and the Giant Peach

James and the Giant PeachFrom Goodreads:    When James accidentally drops some magic crystals by the old peach tree, strange things start to happen. The peach at the top of the tree begins to grow, and before long it's as big as a house. When James discovers a secret entranceway into the fruit and crawls inside, he meets wonderful new friends--the Old-Green-Grasshopper, the dainty Ladybug, and the Centipede of the multiple boots. After years of feeling like an outsider in his aunts' house, James finally found a place where he belongs. With a snip of the stem, the peach household starts rolling away--and the adventure begins!
Roald Dahl's first and most widely celebrated book for young people continues to thrill readers around the world.

My Thoughts:
-    I was so happy to share this book with my daughter. Her first grade teacher read this to the class, but it was still fun to read together.
-    We both really liked the cast of characters. They were fun.
-    Dahl has such a fun imagination.
-    We listened to the last few chapters on audio, and the narrator was fun to listen to. His voices were great.
-    We are almost done reading all the Roald Dahl books! I'm so proud of how many we've read together.

3 comments:

  1. This was never my favorite Dahl book. I think it stems from the ick factor of living inside a peach - sticky gross - and the bugs who live there with him. I never could get over the spider. But as far as an imagination goes, oh yes! He was certainly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you guys share a love for these books. I need to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had fun reading this together. I hated the movie. I hope the book is more fun.

    ReplyDelete