Monday, June 11, 2018

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett

30014132Goodreads Synopsis:    Hawthorn wasn't trying to insert herself into a missing person's investigation. Or maybe she was. But that's only because Lizzie Lovett's disappearance is the one fascinating mystery their sleepy town has ever had. Bad things don't happen to popular girls like Lizzie Lovett, and Hawthorn is convinced she'll turn up at any moment-which means the time for speculation is now.

So Hawthorn comes up with her own theory for Lizzie's disappearance. A theory way too absurd to take seriously...at first. The more Hawthorn talks, the more she believes. And what better way to collect evidence than to immerse herself in Lizzie's life? Like getting a job at the diner where Lizzie worked and hanging out with Lizzie's boyfriend. After all, it's not as if he killed her-or did he?

Told with a unique voice that is both hilarious and heart-wrenching, Hawthorn's quest for proof may uncover the greatest truth is within herself. 

My Thoughts:

-    This book was WAY different from what I thought it would be. I thought Hawthorn was going to completely immerse herself into Lizzie's old life and find out things about her, but it wasn't like that.

-    I didn't like the characters very much. Hawthorn was so self-absorbed, and she didn't stop to think about how her actions affected others. Enzo was totally using Hawthorn, and that bugged me. I don't understand why he was so willing to hang out with her and do whatever.

-    Hawthorns parents were lame. I would love a story where the parents are a little more involved and actually care about their kid.

-    I want to know more about Lizzie!

-    The whole werewolf theory bugged me. Hawthorn dragged that on for WAY too long.

-    The ending gave me a lot to think about. I liked that Hawthorn saw the error or her ways and grew up a bit at the end.

2 comments:

  1. Did you like it then? I can't really tell based on your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawthorn’s growth is what I loved so much. That and the writing style.

    ReplyDelete