Goodreads Synopsis: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, the ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
- The story and characters are brilliant!! This is such a unique twist on a classic fairy tale that has been re-told countless times! Meyer has brought the story back to life!
- I love the font. It's so different, but still easy to read. Plus it looks really cool.
- A lying sensor would be very useful, but I wouldn't want everyone to have one, just me.
- The plot was predictable. I figured it out really early in the book, but the story is still great, and it kept me captivated.
- It ends with a bit of a cliffhanger! Grrrr!! I'm angry that I have to wait for the 2nd book to find out what happens!!!!!
- I loved all the characters! Even the evil characters, they are the kind that you love to hate. I hope justice is served in a very brutal manner! I LOVED Cinder! She is a girl I can really relate too. I enjoyed her attitude and confidence. I also liked Prince Kai! He is a wonderful knight in shining armor type protagonist.
- I didn't have a ton of thoughts while reading, I just enjoyed the story and let it take me along for the ride. It was a really fun read!