Goodreads Description: When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse enclosed by stone walls.
Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them, open. Every night they are closed tight. And that every 30 days a new boy is delivered in the lift.
Thomas was expected. Only the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.
Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets that are buried within his mind.
- I don't like the jargon in this book. Words like Shuck, Shank, Klunk, etc. It's annoying. The characters use them like made up swear words.
- The whole book was pretty suspenseful. I was hooked from the first chapter.
- It felt like Lord of the Flies and Ender's Game.
- There were lots of unanswered questions at the end! I'm excited and NEED to read the next book.
- I love the Maze concept and how they solved it!! It was awesome!
- I got a little frustrated from all the questions and no answers
- I couldn't really relate to any of the characters, probably because there was only 1 girl, and she didn't really do anything til later, but I still felt for the characters. I love Thomas. He is WAY braver than I am, and he is motivated to help others.