Goodreads Description: Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.
In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety . . . until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.
Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated—and with it, order—and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim . . . and meal.
The Gladers are far from finished with running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.
Thomas can only wonder—does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?
- This book made me angry! So many twists! So many questions without answers! Come on Dashner!! Give me something!
- There were some serious graphic scenes in this book! I hope they never turn this into a movie, cause I won't be able to stomach seeing some of this stuff.
- The book turned into a Zombie book. Didn't see that coming.
- I don't know who to trust or what the heck is going on!
- The jargon didn't bug me as much in this one. It wasn't as prominent.
- The first half of the book was a little slow for me, but the 2nd half really picks up.
- Thomas...what will become of you!!
- A love triangle? Really? I was not expecting that.
- I wasn't expecting any of it really. This series is crazy!!
- I really can't decide how I feel about this book. I liked it, but I hated it. Things better wrap up all nicely with lots and lots of answers in the last book.