Monday, March 17, 2014

Belle Epoque

13642661Goodreads Description:    When Maude Pichon runs away from provincial Brittany to Paris, her romantic dreams vanish as quickly as her savings. Desperate for work, she answers an unusual ad. The Durandeau Agency provides its clients with a unique service—the beauty foil. Hire a plain friend and become instantly more attractive. 

Monsieur Durandeau has made a fortune from wealthy socialites, and when the Countess Dubern needs a companion for her headstrong daughter, Isabelle, Maude is deemed the perfect foil.

But Isabelle has no idea her new "friend" is the hired help, and Maude's very existence among the aristocracy hinges on her keeping the truth a secret. Yet the more she learns about Isabelle, the more her loyalty is tested. And the longer her deception continues, the more she has to lose.


My Thoughts:

-    This was such a great story about friendship and true beauty. I enjoyed every page.

-    The characters were awesome. I loved the way each person made an impact on Maude's life, especially Marie-Josee. She was one of my favorites! I loved the interactions between Maude and Isabelle. The way their friendship developed was so real. 

-    The ending was perfect! I loved how everything was resolved. I was worried there for a while. 

-    I like the little tad of romance. It isn't over done, and it it just enough.

-    I was surprised by how clean this book was. I thought there would be some unsavory things in the book, but it was squeaky clean. 

-    I enjoyed all the French stuff! It was fun and gave the book so much flair. 

-    The message of this book is awesome! I loved it! It made me feel good, and it made me feel good about myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment