Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems

7546My Synopsis:

-    Cesar Millan is best known for his show The Dog Whisperer. He helps rehabilitate dogs, and he trains their owners how to keep their dogs balanced.

-    This book describes why so many dogs are out of control and have bad behaviors. 

-    Cesar gives a lot of good examples of dogs and owners throughout the book. 

-    In the beginning of the book, Cesar tells his story of how he came to America and how he became a dog whisperer.

-    This book mostly covers dog psychology. Cesar gives clear direction on how to stay in control and communicate with your dog.

-    He also gives you a formula for a well balanced dog. 

My Thoughts:

-    I needed this book!

-    My dog Max thinks he is king of our house. He doesn't have major behavioral problems, but enough to irk me, and he is really stubborn. 

-    Since reading this, we started walking Max more, and we're giving him more structure.

-    My confidence has gotten a bit of a boost as well. I'm learning to be more calm-assertive, and it is helping me with my dog and my kid. I try not to get angry or flustered, I try to stay calm and assertive. 

-    My dog is responding a lot better to me, and so is my family.

-    I highly recommend this to every dog owner! It is full of great information about how we are treating our dogs like humans and not like dogs! They need to be treated like dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment