Friday, August 8, 2014

The Last Olympian

4556058Goodreads Says:    All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos's army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan's power only grows. While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time. 

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy's sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.



My Thoughts:

-    I listened to these books a while ago, and for some reason I don't remember a thing from the last couple of books! What is wrong with my memory!? Maybe I didn't listen close enough. I'm so glad I decided to read these. 

-     This story was different. It wasn't an adventure book. Instead, it was a huge battle with a lot of action! It was cool.

-    Percy has grown so much! He went from a scared little 12 year old to a war leader. I loved all the character arcs in these books. I wonder if I changed and grew a ton between 12 and 16.

-    This book was a fitting end to the series. I love how everything wrapped up. I especially liked the deal that Percy struck with the gods.

-    Like in all wars, there are casualties, and I really like how everyone honored the those who had fallen. I liked how the half bloods looked past certain things to honor their friends. It says a lot about them.

-    The action was awesome and tense at times. I loved all the battles and fighting.

-    This is one of my favorite in the series.

-    I'm so excited to read The Heroes of Olympus series!


Previous Books in the Series
(covers are linked)

28187 28186 561456
2120932

No comments:

Post a Comment