Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Battle of the Labyrinth

2120932Goodreads Says:    Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.
In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth - a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn.




My Thoughts:

-    This isn't my favorite in the series, but I still liked it.

-    The drama between Percy and Annabeth is frustrating. Can they just get together already!?

-    The maze was a cool concept. It was scary and ominous, but since the characters were exploring a maze, there were some slow parts.

-    I liked all the cool monsters and awesome battle at the end.

-    Hooray for Tyson being back!

-    I liked that Rachel played a larger role. I had a feeling she would be back.

-    I really love that Percy is growing as a character, but I also love that all the other characters are growing as well, and some of them have more of a character arc than Percy even.

-    Daedalus was a cool and complicated character. I really liked him. 

-    I'm excited the final book! I want to know how the prophecy will be fulfilled and how our heroes will stop Kronos. The tension is rising!

Previous Books in the Series
(covers are linked)

28187 28186 561456

No comments:

Post a Comment